- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- 2/3 cup plus 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute spinach in 2 teaspoons oil until spinach is wilted. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in the spreadable cheese, 2/3 cup bread crumbs and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cut a pocket in the thickest part of each chicken breast; fill with spinach mixture. Secure with toothpicks.
- Place egg in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the pepper and remaining bread crumbs and salt. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with bread crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in remaining oil for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Pockets
Sort By :
"I am not seeing potato's in the picture I am seeing tomato's"
"It was really good! I had a little extra of the stuffing mixture and used it as a dip for chips and yummy."
"Lots of flavor! Cut a nice deep pocket and you will not lose any stuffing."
"Very delicious, although stuffing a slit in chicken is a little difficult and the stuffing fell out."
"How could you lighten up this recipe? I'm a weight watcherCould this recipe be made in a lighter version? Any ideas for a weight watcher?"