- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- 2/3 cup plus 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute spinach in 2 teaspoons oil until spinach is wilted. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in the spreadable cheese, 2/3 cup bread crumbs and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cut a pocket in the thickest part of each chicken breast; fill with spinach mixture. Secure with toothpicks.
- Place egg in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the pepper and remaining bread crumbs and salt. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with bread crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in remaining oil for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Pockets
Sort By :
"It was really good! I had a little extra of the stuffing mixture and used it as a dip for chips and yummy."
"Lots of flavor! Cut a nice deep pocket and you will not lose any stuffing."
"Very delicious, although stuffing a slit in chicken is a little difficult and the stuffing fell out."
"How could you lighten up this recipe? I'm a weight watcherCould this recipe be made in a lighter version? Any ideas for a weight watcher?"
"Either grandpadale did not bother to read the recipe, which said clearly, in the last sentence of step one, that one must make a slit in the chicken to form the pocket, or he thought he was being funny (not!). For what ever reason recipe did not deserve two stars, Please Taste of Home come up with a some system where the recipe can have its rating adjusted to take out weird comments.GREAT RECIPE!, and good hint MurphyNJ."