- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 chicken breast halves (bone in)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Additional salt to taste
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter and 1 tablespoon oil until tender. Add spinach; cook until heated through and any moisture has evaporated. Remove from the heat; cool. Stir in cheeses, basil, salt and pepper. Loosen skin on one side of each chicken breast. Place 1/3 cup filling under skin; place chicken with filling side up in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with remaining oil. Sprinkle with thyme and salt. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Breasts in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p82
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review