Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Recipe
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Additional paprika, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, cheeses, onion, garlic, salt, nutmeg and pepper. Carefully loosen the skin on one side of each chicken breast to form a pocket. Stuff each breast with 1/2 cup spinach mixture.
- Place chicken skin side up in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Combine the oil, paprika, oregano and thyme; brush over chicken. Sprinkle with additional paprika if desired.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into the breast meat reads 170° and juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Spinach-Stuffed Chicken(3)
Sort By :
This is one of my favorite chicken recipes that I have tried from this cookbook so far. I substituted mozzarella cheese for the Swiss, and I omitted the ricotta. I also added diced mushrooms. I will definitely keep this recipe.
This was dinner tonight... MMMmmm good! I used 4 skin-on, bone-in thighs and 3 skin-on, bone-in breasts. It was DELICIOSO! I served it with garlic-onion bow-tie pasta (I sauteed fresh garlic cloves with fineley diced onion and simmered it in olive oil. Then tossed bow-tie pasta & grated parm til pasta was coated... mmmmm) and canned asparagus. It was another thumbs up meal! I used 1 tsp italian seasoning instead of 1/2 oregano, 1/2 thyme b/c I didn't have thyme. I hope you all enjoy! I know we did!
I change the recipe to eliminate the fat. I used skinless boneless chicken so I flatened them out and put the spinach on them and rolled them up and then baked them.