Spinach Strawberry Salad Recipe
"I came up with this recipe as a way to use early spring produce," says Trisha Kruse from Boise, Idaho. "the toasted walnuts give the salad a rich earthy flavor that ties it all together."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place asparagus in a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally. Cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, spinach, strawberries and walnuts. In a small bowl, whisk the canola oil, vinegar, sugar and salt. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup equals 137 calories, 12 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 143 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC