"I came up with this recipe as a way to use early spring produce," says Trisha Kruse from Boise, Idaho. "the toasted walnuts give the salad a rich earthy flavor that ties it all together."
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place asparagus in a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally. Cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, spinach, strawberries and walnuts. In a small bowl, whisk the canola oil, vinegar, sugar and salt. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Springtime Spinach Salad in Taste of Home February/March 2005, p7
Reviews for Spinach Strawberry Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review