- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place asparagus in a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally. Cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, spinach, strawberries and walnuts. In a small bowl, whisk the canola oil, vinegar, sugar and salt. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Spinach Strawberry Salad
Sort By :
Good combination of ingredients. May also adapt to your taste. The basic ingredients for the dressing are OK, but WAY too much vinegar. With major alterations, including more sugar and oil, the dressing was good and loved by all. Without changes, totally unacceptable. Obviously you need to adjust the dressing to your taste.
Excellent recipe, I've made it several times and it always goes rapidly with my guests. It would be nice if TOH would correct the directions where it just says "mix asparagus with............" although it's obvious what to do.
I have been serving this salad since it first came out in the magazine several years agos. Its beautiful, delicious & my company has always loved it, even those that don't love all the ingredients! Making it again for a party this weekend.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Salad Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Salads >
- Spinach Recipes >
- Spinach Salad Recipes >
- Spinach Salads >