Spinach Steak Pinwheels Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak
- 8 bacon strips, cooked
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. Cover steak with plastic wrap; pound with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. Remove plastic.
- 2. Place bacon widthwise at center of steak. In a bowl, mix remaining ingredients; spoon over bacon. Starting at a short side, roll up steak jelly-roll style; secure with toothpicks. Cut into six slices.
- 3. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill pinwheels, covered, over medium heat 5-6 minutes on each side or until beef reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Discard toothpicks before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pinwheel equals 227 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 536 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Spinach Steak Pinwheels
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.