Spinach Steak Pinwheels Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. Make diagonal cuts in steak at 1-in. intervals to within 1/2 in. of bottom of meat. Repeat cuts in opposite direction. Pound to 1/2 in. thickness. Place bacon down the center of the meat.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, Parmesan cheese, salt and cayenne; spoon over bacon. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. Cut into six slices.
- 3. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Discard toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 218 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 475 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.