- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup chopped onion
- Sliced pimientos, optional
- Brush the bottom and sides of a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, seasonings, eggs, milk and remaining butter. Stir in the spinach, cheeses and onion. Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean and edges are lightly browned. Cut into squares. Garnish with pimientos if desired. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Spinach Squares
Sort By :
A definite keeper! A real hit at a recent potluck, & my husband was skeptical watching me make it, but he's a fan after he tried one.
This got rave reviews at a recent pot luck brunch...everyone wanted the recipe. So easy & very yummy!
Big hit at recent family get together. Good hot or cold (but better hot!)
sounds really yummy :p i love anything with cheese and spinach...thanx for the recipe :D
My family all enjoyed these.