Spinach Spirals Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the spinach, Monterey Jack cheese, egg and onion. On a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, roll pizza dough into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle; seal any holes. Spread spinach mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- 2. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; seal ends and place seam side down. Brush with butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 400° for 25-27 minutes or until golden brown. Slice and serve warm. Yield: 14 slices.
2 slices (prepared with reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese, egg substitute and reduced-fat butter) equals 224 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 594 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Spinach Spirals
"This recipe was very good and easy to make. I served it with the Creamy Seafood Casserole that was in the same issue."
"This is a great recipe as a side or appetizer. Main course?? i don't know what that's about. The nutrition is deceiving becasue it's calculated on reduced fat ingredients and that's not how the ingredients are listed."
"Very easy to make and tastes like a white pizza. The use of recipe is versatile - I could see this as a main dish with sauce for dipping, an appetizer, or a side dish."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.