“This is a delicious and easy roll for a side dish or just by itself,” Isabel Mancini attests from Youngstown, Ohio. “Someone always asks for the recipe, so I bring printed copies whenever I take it to a potluck.”
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the spinach, Monterey Jack cheese, egg and onion. On a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, roll pizza dough into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle; seal any holes. Spread spinach mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; seal ends and place seam side down. Brush with butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 400° for 25-27 minutes or until golden brown. Slice and serve warm. Yield: 14 slices.
Originally published as Spinach Spirals in Quick Cooking January/February 2006, p44
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spinach Spirals
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review