Spinach Souffle Side Dish
You just can't make an easier, more delicious side dish than this. It's great with beef, pork and lamb, and I especially like serving it for a festive meal like New Year's Eve.Bette Duffy, Kenmore, Washington
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Transfer to a greased
- 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until
- edges are lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 375 calories, 33 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 228 mg cholesterol, 630 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 17 g protein.