Spinach Sole Roll-Ups Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen leaf spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1-1/4 pounds sole fillets
- Lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the spinach, onions and sour cream. Spread into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Cut sole fillets into 6-in. x 2-in. strips; carefully roll up and secure with toothpicks. Place over spinach mixture. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 3. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually add tomatoes. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Discard toothpicks from roll-ups. Spoon tomato sauce over roll-ups and spinach mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 213 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 388mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Spinach Sole Roll-Ups
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.