Served with rolls or homemade bread, this slaw's hearty enough to be a main course, it's also a great side dish—my family especially likes it accompanying steak and corn on the cob. It tastes good with ribs besides. Even people who don't enjoy cabbage like it prepared this way. (I know...my husband, Glen, is one of them!) The honey's sweetness helps with that. Glen works for our local police department, and I work for the fire department. We have a pair of sons, 19 and 6, and a daughter who's 4.
- 8 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 5 cups shredded spinach
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, toss lettuce, spinach and cabbage; cover and refrigerate. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, pour dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Slaw in Country Woman September/October 1994, p29
Reviews for Spinach Slaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review