Spinach Shrimp Fettuccine
"I experimented for a couple of years before perfecting this colorful dish, and everyone raves about it," Kristin Walker writes from chesapeake, Virginia. "It's easy and light and fits into my busy schedule."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound uncooked fettuccine
- 1 package (6 ounces) baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound uncooked Daily Chef Uncooked Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined
Create an impressive party platter with Daily Chef Shrimp.
Learn More >
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large skillet, saute spinach in oil for 2 minutes or until spinach
- begins to wilt. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the shrimp, tomatoes, Italian seasoning and salt; saute for 2-3
- minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain fettuccine and add to
- skillet; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups equals 283 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 209 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 lean meat.