Spinach Shrimp Fettuccine Recipe
- 1 pound uncooked fettuccine
- 1 package (6 ounces) baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute spinach in oil for 2 minutes or until spinach begins to wilt. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Add the shrimp, tomatoes, Italian seasoning and salt; saute for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain fettuccine and add to skillet; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/4 cup: 283 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 lean meat.
Reviews for Spinach Shrimp Fettuccine
"I loved it but I added some feta cheese to it for more flavor."
"Very easy to prepare and delicious!"
"add more tomatoes and some mushrooms"
"Added zucchini to the recipe and it was delicious!"
"This was Ok but not great, it was too bland for my taste."
"have made again and again. Quick and sooo good"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.