Spinach Sausage Soup Recipe
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 cups fresh spinach or frozen chopped spinach
- 1. In a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine the broth, potatoes and salad dressing mix. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 2. Drain sausage. Add sausage and spinach to broth mixture; heat through. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1 cup: 239 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 1308mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein
Reviews for Spinach Sausage Soup
"This tastes good and was very easy to make. :) It feeds a crowd!"
"We really enjoyed this soup!"
"I tweaked this recipe by adding sauteed onion, garlic, and bacon. I also added some hot pepper flakes, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper. At the very end, I put in about two cups of light cream. I had many compliments on this dish. It ended up tasting like an improved version of a certain chain restaurant's Italian sausage soup. I would definitely make it again."
"Very yummy...like another review suggested, I thickened with cornstarch at the end. My husband said it tasted like a soup at "Olive Garden" Easy, quick, & healthy."
"Absoutely wonderful! I used turkey sausage."
"I left out the italian seasoning and added 1/2 c. of heavy cream and 1/2 t. of red pepper falkes. If you want the broth thicker, just add one T. cornstarch mixed with cold water at the last."
"Outstanding!!! I used polish sauage instead of italian. We ate the whole pot!!"