Chock-full of potatoes, Italian sausage and spinach, this hearty soup is sure to disappear fast. "Not only is it delicious and quick, but it freezes well," explains Bonita Krugler of Anderson, Indiana. Adjust the amount of broth to suit your family's preference.
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 cups fresh spinach or frozen chopped spinach
- In a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine the broth, potatoes and salad dressing mix. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain sausage. Add sausage and spinach to broth mixture; heat through. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Spinach Sausage Soup in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p9
Reviews for Spinach Sausage Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review