Spinach Sausage Soup Recipe
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links or Ground Sausage
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 cups fresh spinach or frozen chopped spinach
- In a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine the broth, potatoes and salad dressing mix. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain sausage. Add sausage and spinach to broth mixture; heat through. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Spinach Sausage Soup
Sort By :
"This tastes good and was very easy to make. :) It feeds a crowd!"
"We really enjoyed this soup!"
"I tweaked this recipe by adding sauteed onion, garlic, and bacon. I also added some hot pepper flakes, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper. At the very end, I put in about two cups of light cream. I had many compliments on this dish. It ended up tasting like an improved version of a certain chain restaurant's Italian sausage soup. I would definitely make it again."
"Very yummy...like another review suggested, I thickened with cornstarch at the end. My husband said it tasted like a soup at "Olive Garden" Easy, quick, & healthy."
"Absoutely wonderful! I used turkey sausage."