Spinach-Sausage Egg Bake Recipe
"I always cook up a storm during the holidays," says Barbara Nowakowski of North Tonawanda, New York. Spinach and red peppers give festive Christmas color to her satisfying bake that boasts Italian sausage, lots of cheese and a short prep time.
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted red peppers, drained and chopped, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the red peppers; top with spinach.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, basil and salt. Whisk eggs and milk; stir into flour mixture until blended. Pour over spinach.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Top with provolone cheese and remaining red peppers. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spinach-Sausage Egg Bake in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p34
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Spinach-Sausage Egg Bake(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >