Spinach-Sausage Egg Bake Recipe
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted red peppers, drained and chopped, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the red peppers; top with spinach.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, basil and salt. Whisk eggs and milk; stir into flour mixture until blended. Pour over spinach.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Top with provolone cheese and remaining red peppers. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spinach-Sausage Egg Bake in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p34
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Spinach-Sausage Egg Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 27, 2010
"This was a hit at my Christmas brunch. Easy and yummy."