- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into four rectangles; seal perforations. Place a salmon fillet in the center of each rectangle; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spoon spreadable cheese over each; top with spinach. Fold dough over filling and pinch edges to seal.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Spinach Salmon Bundles
Sort By :
I made this recipe for Sunday and everyone liked it, but I will make changes the next time I prepare it. First of all I will use puff pastry instead of the refrigerated crescent rolls, The crescent rolls for us appear to be much too heavy for the the delicate flavor of salmon. Instead of buying the herb spread I will be making my own with Philadelphia cream cheese fresh garlic, dill, and lemon juice mixed with the baby chopped spinach. Since I will be mixiing the spinach with the cream cheese herb mixture I probably will use fresh baby spinach instead of frozen. The internal flavors of the salmon and herb mixture were wonderful. Salmon is one of those fish that can be bland. Made like this it was not. However, all though more expensive, we prefer a lighter fluffier crust such as puffed pastry.
Way to much of everything in the nutritional facts.
Husband didn't like it, but I did. He's not a spinach or a salmon lover tho so this wasn't surprising. I loved the flavors all mixed together.
LOVE this recipe. Discovered this recipe last summer and have made it several times and have been asked for the recipe many times. It is easy to make and is very elegant and delicious. I use creamed spinach which I prefer. Rather than use 2 tubes of crescent rolls, I use one. I take two triangles placed in a rectangle and I use my pizza dough roller to roll each rectangle out. One tube of rolls is sufficient. A definite keeper!
This was alright, But I guess my family just prefers our salmon plain. Will not be making again. Was easy to prepare though, and did look very fancy.