This salad is an excellent way to get your family to eat spinach. Luckily, there rarely is any leftover since it doesn't stay crisp.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 quarts fresh spinach leaves, torn
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and diced
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- In a bottle or jar, combine all dressing ingredients. Shake well to mix. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, toss all salad ingredients. Just before serving, drizzle salad dressing over salad and toss. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Salad in Country February/March 1992, p47
Reviews for Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review