Spinach Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette
Here’s a fruity spinach salad that even the kids will
devour. The pretty strawberry drizzle peps up the greens nicely.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 3/4 cup Diamond of California Pecan Halves, divided
- 12 cups torn mixed salad greens or chopped fresh spinach
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 green onions, sliced
- In a blender, combine the first five ingredients; cover and process
- for 30 seconds. Add 2 cups strawberries; cover and process until
- blended. Add 1/4 cup pecans; pulse until chopped.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, oranges, onions and remaining
- strawberries and pecans. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 472 calories, 37 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 134 mg sodium,