Spinach Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette Recipe
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 3/4 cup pecan halves, divided
- 12 cups torn mixed salad greens or chopped fresh spinach
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1. In a blender, combine the first five ingredients; cover and process for 30 seconds. Add 2 cups strawberries; cover and process until blended. Add 1/4 cup pecans; pulse until chopped.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, oranges, onions and remaining strawberries and pecans. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 472 calories, 37g fat (5g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 6g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Spinach Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette
"I substituted walnuts for pecans and canned mangos for mandarin oranges with just a dash of salt and pepper. I also cut recipe in half. It was almost like having desert."
"Is a teaspoon of pepper correct?"