Spinach Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette Recipe
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 3/4 cup pecan halves, divided
- 12 cups torn mixed salad greens or chopped fresh spinach
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1. In a blender, combine the first five ingredients; cover and process for 30 seconds. Add 2 cups strawberries; cover and process until blended. Add 1/4 cup pecans; pulse until chopped.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, oranges, onions and remaining strawberries and pecans. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 472 calories, 37 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Spinach Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette
"I substituted walnuts for pecans and canned mangos for mandarin oranges with just a dash of salt and pepper. I also cut recipe in half. It was almost like having desert."
"Is a teaspoon of pepper correct?"