Spinach Salad with Spicy Honey Dressing Recipe
Here's a salad with some zip to it. I've also served the spicy dressing with mixed vegetables, fruit and tossed salads.
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salted sunflower kernels
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt, pepper and garlic salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, parsley, mushrooms, tomatoes, celery, bean sprouts, cheese, sunflower kernels and seasonings.
- 2. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle desired amount over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftover dressing. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 241 calories, 20 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 377 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Spinach Salad with Spicy Honey Dressing
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC