- 4 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salted sunflower kernels
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt, pepper and garlic salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, parsley, mushrooms, tomatoes, celery, bean sprouts, cheese, sunflower kernels and seasonings.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle desired amount over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftover dressing. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Salad with Spicy Honey Dressing in Country August/September 2001, p49
Reviews for Spinach Salad with Spicy Honey Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2009
"A very good salad. I added the salt, pepper and garlic salt to the dressing and omitted the the salt called for in the dressing."