It’s effortless to eat healthy when you have a mouthwatering salad like this. You won’t need anything else for a balanced meal.—Jacqueline Wilson, Portland, Oregon
Recommended: 37 Light Pasta Recipes with Big Flavor
- 10 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup chopped cooked shrimp
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) poppy seed salad dressing or salad dressing of your choice
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, mushrooms, avocado, oranges, shrimp and sunflower kernels. Drizzle with dressing; serve immediately. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Salad with Shrimp in Country August/September 2008, p51
Reviews for Spinach Salad with Shrimp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2013
"I didn't have the avocado but made it anyway and my husband loved it."