Spinach Salad with Red Potatoes Recipe
"My overflowing recipe collection includes many tried-and-true items like this lovely salad," relates field editor Mary Houchin of Swansea, Illinois. "It's hearty and flavorful."
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 3 small red potatoes, cooked and diced
- 2 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a salad bowl, combine spinach, potatoes, eggs and mushrooms.
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. In the drippings, saute onion until tender. Combine cornstarch, apple juice, vinegar, sweetener and pepper until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened and bubbly.
- Pour over spinach mixture. Add bacon and toss. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Salad with Red Potatoes in Taste of Home October/November 1999, p16
Reviews for Spinach Salad with Red Potatoes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Salads >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Salad Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >