This pretty salad can be put together in less than 20 minutes. It adds lots of color to the table, and the sweet-tart dressing is a wonderful complement to the spinach and fruit.
Recommended: 45 Super Foods for Your Brain
- 1/4 cup red currant jelly
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 8 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- For dressing, in a small saucepan, cook and stir the jelly and vinegar over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until melted and smooth. Cool completely.
- Just before serving, in a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, oranges, strawberries and onions. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Salad with Red Currant Dressing in Country April/May 2007, p51
Reviews for Spinach Salad with Red Currant Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 3, 2011
"My family raved about this recipe, esp the dressing! It doesn't get any simpler than 2 ingredients! I don't think you need to use all of it, though - keep some for another time. This recipe is definitely going in my file."