Spinach Salad with Red Currant Dressing Recipe
- 1/4 cup red currant jelly
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 8 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1. For dressing, in a small saucepan, cook and stir the jelly and vinegar over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until melted and smooth. Cool completely.
- 2. Just before serving, in a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, oranges, strawberries and onions. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup: 43 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 18mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Spinach Salad with Red Currant Dressing
"My family raved about this recipe, esp the dressing! It doesn't get any simpler than 2 ingredients! I don't think you need to use all of it, though - keep some for another time. This recipe is definitely going in my file."