Spinach Salad with Red Currant Dressing
This pretty salad can be put together in less than 20 minutes. It adds lots of color to the table, and the sweet-tart dressing is a wonderful complement to the spinach and fruit.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup red currant jelly
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 8 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- For dressing, in a small saucepan, cook and stir the jelly and
- vinegar over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until melted and smooth.
- Cool completely.
- Just before serving, in a large salad bowl, combine the spinach,
- oranges, strawberries and onions. Drizzle with dressing; toss to
- coat. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 43 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 18 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.