This pretty salad can be put together in less than 20 minutes. It adds lots of color to the table, and the sweet-tart dressing is a wonderful complement to the spinach and fruit.
- 1/4 cup red currant jelly
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 8 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- For dressing, in a small saucepan, cook and stir the jelly and vinegar over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until melted and smooth. Cool completely.
- Just before serving, in a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, oranges, strawberries and onions. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Salad with Red Currant Dressing in Country April/May 2007, p51
Reviews for Spinach Salad with Red Currant Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 3, 2011
"My family raved about this recipe, esp the dressing! It doesn't get any simpler than 2 ingredients! I don't think you need to use all of it, though - keep some for another time. This recipe is definitely going in my file."