- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, lettuce, mushrooms and bacon. Place vinegar, onion, sugar, salt and mustard in blender. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Transfer to a bowl; stir in poppy seeds.
- Divide salad among six plates; drizzle with dressing. Yield: 6 servings (1 cup dressing).
Reviews for Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
Sort By :
This is a tasty dressing with a bit of kick from the vinegar and mustard. I loved that it was quick to make.
A very good salad! I added sliced red onions to the salad, besides what is in the dressing.
Made this for lunch with company. Excellent! I used microwave bacon...easy. I substituted romaine for the iceberg. I would make this again. I would also use the dressing on Cole slaw.
My husband loves this salad and I really like it a lot, too!
YUMMY!!! That is all that needs to be said.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Salad Recipes >
- Poppy Seed Dressing >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >
- Salads >
- Spinach Recipes >
- Spinach Salad Recipes >