Spinach Salad with Penne Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 8 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, cheese, vinaigrette, pine nuts, basil and pasta. Serve immediately. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup equals 144 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Spinach Salad with Penne
"This is a great salad. I did not use the wheat penne, but that was just a personal preference."
"It looks like would be good. I have use penne for alot of different thing,but never thought oa salad."
"I have a very similar recipe using escarole. Using olive oil you toast the pine nuts and remove. Put garlic in and saute till translucent add the escarole and saute till it starts to wilt. Add the balsalmic. I will try it with spinach."