Spinach Salad with Penne
Loaded with fresh greens, this delightful pasta salad fits the season perfectly. Lynnell Lowney - Waunakee, Wisconsin
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 mins.
- 1 cup Daily Chef Penne Rigate
Give flavor to your favorite Italian meals with premium Daily Chef Pasta.
Learn More >
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 8 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, cheese, vinaigrette, pine nuts,
- basil and pasta. Serve immediately. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 144 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.