Spinach Salad with Pears & Candied Pecans Recipe
A tasty combination of pears, blue cheese and spinach make this salad a standout. The sugared pecans add a nice crunch and a bit of sweetness. If you like poppy seeds, feel free to add some to the vinaigrette.Tamara Stimpson, Zephyr, Ontario
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup Diamond of California Pecan Halves
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 2 medium pears, peeled and cubed
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a small heavy skillet, melt butter. Add brown sugar; cook and stir over medium heat until dissolved. Add pecans; cook for 3-5 minutes or until toasted, stirring frequently. Spread onto foil to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, sugar, lemon juice, onion and salt; set aside. Just before serving, in a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, pears, cheese and candied pecans. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Salad with Pears & Candied Pecans in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2011, p57
Reviews for Spinach Salad with Pears & Candied Pecans(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review