Spinach Salad with Oranges Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1. In a large salad bowl, toss the spinach, oranges, mushrooms and bacon; set aside.
- 2. In a blender, combine the ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, onion, salt and pepper; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady steam. Serve with salad. Yield: 4-6 servings (about 3/4 cup dressing).
1 cup: 267 calories, 20g fat (3g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 244mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Spinach Salad with Oranges
"Absolutely love this salad!"
"The first time I made this salad, the receipe was requested. I've given out the website as much as copies of the receipe. I'm taking the salad to a barbeque tomorrow and printed the receipe so that it may be copied. this is hands down the best salad ever."
"Delicious! I've made this as written and just loved it. On another occasion I was forced to make changes because I didn't have any mushrooms. Decided to toss in a handfull of toasted pecans and used thinly sliced red onion in the salad instead of the salad dressing because I "forgot" to add the onion to the food processor. My 3 grandkids told me not to lose this recipe! Excellent flavor and just the right combination of sweet and tart. Thank you. Kids are right; this is a keeper!!"