The tangy dressing for this refreshing salad has the right sweet-tart balance to suit my taste—and others who try it agree! Orange sections are a pretty contrast to the greens, and the bacon adds a crisp accent. —Kathy Schrecengost Oswego, New York
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- In a large salad bowl, toss the spinach, oranges, mushrooms and bacon; set aside.
- In a blender, combine the ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, onion, salt and pepper; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady steam. Serve with salad. Yield: 4-6 servings (about 3/4 cup dressing).
Originally published as Spinach Salad with Oranges in Taste of Home February/March 2001, p31
Reviews for Spinach Salad with Oranges
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review