- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- In a large salad bowl, toss the spinach, oranges, mushrooms and bacon; set aside.
- In a blender, combine the ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, onion, salt and pepper; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady steam. Serve with salad. Yield: 4-6 servings (about 3/4 cup dressing).
Reviews for Spinach Salad with Oranges
"Absolutely love this salad!"
"Delicious! I've made this as written and just loved it. On another occasion I was forced to make changes because I didn't have any mushrooms. Decided to toss in a handfull of toasted pecans and used thinly sliced red onion in the salad instead of the salad dressing because I "forgot" to add the onion to the food processor. My 3 grandkids told me not to lose this recipe! Excellent flavor and just the right combination of sweet and tart. Thank you. Kids are right; this is a keeper!!"