- 1 medium red apple
- Lemon juice
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- 6 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/3 cup sunflower kernels, toasted
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Thinly slice apple; brush with lemon juice. In a large salad bowl, toss the spinach, lettuce, onion, oranges and apple slices. Sprinkle with sunflower kernels and bacon.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds. Stir and drizzle over salad. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Salad with Honey Dressing in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p198
Reviews for Spinach Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review