Spinach Salad with Honey Dressing Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 medium cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 2 large oranges, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, stir mayonnaise, honey and lemon juice until smooth. Pour over the salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 each: 211 calories, 17g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Spinach Salad with Honey Dressing
"I love this salad and always get asked for the recipe when I serve it to others. Note that once you add the dressing the salad must be eaten shortly thereafter. Else, the lettuce/ spinach get soggy. I suggest you serve the dressing on the side for pouring on individual servings if you've made a larger than needed salad that you'd like to save. Trust me, it is so worth saving."