This recipe is one of my favorite ways to use oranges - they pair nicely with the spinach and other vegetables. It's very easy to make and quite refreshing on a hot summer day. I've taken it many times to salad suppers at church, and each time I receive many compliments.
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 medium cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 2 large oranges, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, stir mayonnaise, honey and lemon juice until smooth. Pour over the salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Salad with Honey Dressing in Country Extra May 1995, p51
Reviews for Spinach Salad with Honey Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review