I copied this recipe out of a magazine years ago...and am I ever glad I did! Whenever I take this salad to potlucks, I get many compliments and come home with an empty bowl.
- 8 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- HONEY-BACON DRESSING:
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon yellow or spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients; pour over salad. Serve immediately. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Salad with Honey-Bacon Dressing in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p59
Reviews for Spinach Salad with Honey-Bacon Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review