I copied this recipe out of a magazine years ago...and am I ever glad I did! Whenever I take this salad to potlucks, I get many compliments and come home with an empty bowl.
- 8 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- HONEY-BACON DRESSING:
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon yellow or spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients; pour over salad. Serve immediately. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Salad with Honey-Bacon Dressing in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p59
Reviews for Spinach Salad with Honey-Bacon Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2012
"This is an excellent recipe...wouldn't change a thing!"