Spinach Salad with Gorgonzola Pears Recipe
Guests will feel like royalty when you serve this elegant yet rustic salad. Here, juicy pears are stuffed with Gorgonzola cheese, dried cherries and pecans and served over spicy arugula.—Sonya Labbe, Los Angeles, California
- 3 medium pears, peeled, halved and cored
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 3/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach or fresh arugula
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Brush pears with 1 tablespoon lemon juice; place cut side up in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, cherries and pecans; spoon into pear cavities. In another bowl, combine cider and brown sugar until sugar is dissolved; pour over pears.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-45 minutes or until pears are tender, basting occasionally. Set aside pan juices.
- 3. Place arugula in a large bowl. Whisk together the oil, salt, remaining lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of reserved pan juices. Drizzle over arugula; toss to coat. Serve with pear halves and remaining pan juices. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup spinach mixture with 1 stuffed pear half: 254 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 271mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Spinach Salad with Gorgonzola Pears
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC