- 1-1/4 pounds fresh beets
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Additional pepper, optional
- Scrub beets and trim tops to 1 in. Place in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-60 minutes or until tender. Remove from the water; cool. Peel beets and cut into 1-in. pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, honey, mustard, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in oil until blended.
- Place spinach in salad bowl. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Top with beets, goat cheese and walnuts. Sprinkle with additional pepper if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Spinach Salad with Goat Cheese and Beets
Sort By :
"THis is one of the BEST salads I have ever eaten. I use baked and diced golden beets and it is just addictive!! I use white balsemic vinegar, double the vinegarette recipe. I pack the salad in glass mason jars with a side container of vinegarette for lunches and stays good for 4 days in frig. Absolute WINNER!!!"
"Love this salad."