Spinach Salad with Goat Cheese and Beets Recipe
Here's a super easy salad that looks and tastes festive for this wonderful Christmas season. Vinaigrette dressing coats the greens nicely.—Nancy Latulippe, Simcoe, Ontario
- 1-1/4 pounds fresh beets
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Additional pepper, optional
- 1. Scrub beets and trim tops to 1 in. Place in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-60 minutes or until tender. Remove from the water; cool. Peel beets and cut into 1-in. pieces.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, honey, mustard, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in oil until blended.
- 3. Place spinach in salad bowl. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Top with beets, goat cheese and walnuts. Sprinkle with additional pepper if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup equals 113 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC