- 1-1/4 pounds fresh beets
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Additional pepper, optional
- Scrub beets and trim tops to 1 in. Place in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-60 minutes or until tender. Remove from the water; cool. Peel beets and cut into 1-in. pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, honey, mustard, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in oil until blended.
- Place spinach in salad bowl. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Top with beets, goat cheese and walnuts. Sprinkle with additional pepper if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Salad with Goat Cheese and Beets in Country Woman December/January 2011, p37
Reviews for Spinach Salad with Goat Cheese and Beets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 10, 2014
Love this salad.
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Salad Recipes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Salads >
- Nut Recipes >
- Salads >
- Spinach Recipes >
- Spinach Salad Recipes >
- Spinach Salads >