Spinach Salad with Fruit Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed and undrained
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in thawed strawberries and poppy seeds.
- 2. Place spinach on individual salad plates. Arrange the fresh strawberries, banana and avocado over spinach. Top with green onions and dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 214 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 29mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Spinach Salad with Fruit
"Wow! This is a keeper. I cut the sugar in half and used red wine vinegar (it was on hand). Toasted almonds would be a great addition. This was quick and easy. It gives a great presentation and is delicious."
"The mention of toasted almonds in the recipe description was an error, although they would be an excellent addition to this recipe. They can be purchased already sliced and toasted in the produce section of most stores.We apologize for any confusion.Taste of Home Test Kitchen"
"Excellent. Since the almonds alluded to in the intro weren't included in the ingredients i simply ignored them. I added 1 tbsp rendered bacon fat to the vinaigrette then heated it and garnished the salad with semi crisp bacon bits (4 rashers worth). Sweet, salty, smoky. who could ask for anything more"
"The toasted almonds are not mentioned in the recipe, only next to the picture. Would be nice to add 'how to toast almonds'. Guess they are added with the bananas and strawberries!"
"Fruity spinach salad is simple and easy to make and one my family makes whenever we're doing a special meal. It's delicious and so simple, we eat it with our dinner and thoroughly enjoy it."