Tossed with ripe banana chunks, fresh strawberries and a poppy seed vinaigrette, this fabulous spinach salad looks and tastes special enough for company. —Joan Antonen, Arlington, South Dakota
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed and undrained
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in thawed strawberries and poppy seeds.
- Place spinach on individual salad plates. Arrange the fresh strawberries, banana and avocado over spinach. Top with green onions and dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Fruity Spinach Salad in Country Extra May 2009, p49
Reviews for Spinach Salad with Fruit
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review