From Woodruff, Utah, Donna Higbee suggests, "Try this unusual salad that has dates as a sweet surprise."
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons diced onion
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 10 cups torn fresh spinach
- 3 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 large red onion, sliced
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a blender; cover and process for 30 seconds. Pour into a jar with a tight-fitting lid; chill for 2-3 hours. In a large bowl, toss remaining ingredients. Shake dressing; pour over salad. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Salad with Dates in Taste of Home December/January 1998, p53
Reviews for Spinach Salad with Dates
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review