Spinach Salad with Curry Dressing Recipe
This lively salad is packed with brain boosters! Straight from our Test Kitchen, the spinach leaves and colorful fruits are topped with crunchy pecans and a curry dressing.
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 cup orange segments
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Dash salt
- 1. On two salad plates, arrange the spinach, orange segments, onion and blueberries. Sprinkle with pecans. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salads. Yield: 2 servings.
2-1/2 cups equals 210 calories, 13 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 fat, 1 fruit.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC