- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 cup orange segments
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Dash salt
- On two salad plates, arrange the spinach, orange segments, onion and blueberries. Sprinkle with pecans. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salads. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Salad with Curry Dressing in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007, p54
Reviews for Spinach Salad with Curry Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 29, 2011
"We really liked the salad ingredients combination, but used 1/8th a small onion because we don't really like raw onion flavor.The dressing didn't taste good by itself, but tasted much better combined with the salad flavors. We think a poppy seed dressing would also be excellent with this salad.Toasting the pecans is a step you really shouldn't leave out. They tasted SO much better toasted. It was pretty essential to the flavor combo."