Spinach Salad with Bacon and Hard-Cooked Eggs Recipe
This healthy, leafy salad is accented with bacon, hard-cooked eggs, bean sprouts, water chestnuts and an easy homemade dressing. It was a hit when I served it at the National Spinach Conference last year.
TOTAL TIME: Prep\Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- 1. In a bowl, whisk the sugar, vinegar, ketchup, oil and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, bean sprouts, water chestnuts, onions and eggs. Just before serving, whisk the dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (2 cups) equals 136 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 218 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC