Spinach Salad with Bacon and Hard-Cooked Eggs Recipe
This healthy, leafy salad is accented with bacon, hard-cooked eggs, bean sprouts, water chestnuts and an easy homemade dressing. It was a hit when I served it at the National Spinach Conference last year.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- In a bowl, whisk the sugar, vinegar, ketchup, oil and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, bean sprouts, water chestnuts, onions and eggs. Just before serving, whisk the dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Salad in Country Woman
Reviews for Spinach Salad with Bacon and Hard-Cooked Eggs(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review