Spinach Salad with Almonds
Sugared almonds provide fun crunch in this slightly sweet spinach salad. You can easily double the recipe when entertaining a larger group.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2-1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Diamond of California Slivered Almonds
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash paprika
- In a small heavy skillet, melt sugar over medium heat, stirring
- constantly. Add almonds; stir to coat. Spread on foil to cool; break
- apart. In a salad bowl, gently toss the spinach and raspberries.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients;
- shake well. Pour over salad. Sprinkle with sugared almonds; toss to
- coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 121 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 33 mg sodium,