Spinach Salad with Almonds Recipe
Sugared almonds provide fun crunch in this slightly sweet spinach salad. You can easily double the recipe when entertaining a larger group.
- 2-1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Diamond of California Slivered Almonds
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash paprika
- In a small heavy skillet, melt sugar over medium heat, stirring constantly. Add almonds; stir to coat. Spread on foil to cool; break apart. In a salad bowl, gently toss the spinach and raspberries.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad. Sprinkle with sugared almonds; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Spinach Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p188
Reviews for Spinach Salad with Almonds(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Raspberry Recipes >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >
- Salads >